HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of sustaining “the world’s ultimate premium
cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be
performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and
Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
1. Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Chief Housekeeper) the performance of all direct reports.
2. Manages the assignment of duties, responsibilities and workstations to his/her staff. Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met.
3. Presents any overtime needs to Chief Housekeeper for final approval.
4. Collaborates with the Assistant Chief Housekeeper, to review the requirements of the day’s schedule.
5. Will host a daily pre-shift meet with direct reports to review the upcoming day, any changes and/or revisions to programming based on itinerary, and weather conditions.
6. Public Area supervisor will be responsible for the pool area set-up, service, and daily cleaning.
7. On luggage day he/she is responsible for the off loading and loading of the guest luggage.
8. Is responsible for checking public area bathrooms, all guest and crew areas, and all stairs and
Will be responsible for auditing crew time cards as well as entering the
information in the computer.
10. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
11. Is responsible for conducting inspections in public areas as well as cabins.
12. Is responsible for filling out performance evaluations.
13. Responds to guest concerns in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing empathy and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
14. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard
operation, in order to assist guests and crew with inquiries.
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
· One to two years housekeeping supervisory experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise line (shipboard experience preferred).
· Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
· Ability to speak additional languages preferred.
· minimum 21 years old
Contract length: 26 weeks on/up to 60 days off
Salary: 1195$ + tips ( average of 2800 $ )
· Passport or ID card