Norwegian Cruise Line
The Recreation Staff will conduct and oversee the operation of any of the following onboard recreational areas: Aqua Park, Bungee, Bowling, Rock Climbing or Sports Courts. They need to ensure a safe and efficient operation and have the ability to deal with adults and children alike.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Needs to be very focused on the safe and efficient operation of the corresponding Recreation venue.
• Required to have very good customer service skills dealing with both adults and children that will be participating at events held in all Recreation venues.
• Understand and enforce the guidelines for safe practices when guests are using the various activities and events in any Recreation venues. If confrontation arises, be able to diffuse the situation and have the guest leave content.
• Ability to host an event or tournament that is relative to their position for up to 100 guests. Needs to have nice clarity and projection of voice and be able to interact well with guests in this format.
• Be responsible of all equipment used to perform the role. In addition needs to report to the Assistant Cruise Director on a daily basis any equipment malfunctions or problems.
• Keeps necessary records of equipment use to comply with safety standards.
• Ensures waivers are signed before guest participates in any organized event on the corresponding Recreation venue. Files away for record purposes and completed waivers during their work period.
• Places orders of needed equipment through the Assistant Cruise Director in a timely fashion.
• Understand the use of any personal protective equipment related to the position and use it accordingly for themselves and guests.
• Observes carefully the operation of events that happen on the corresponding Recreation venue and should any incident occur, report this to the Assistant Cruise Director immediately.
• Provides feedback daily to the Assistant Cruise Director of events that occurred that may need further attention or guest follow up.
• At times maybe required to assist with escorting Nickelodeon characters, helping out with Nickelodeon events and will be trained to understand the Nickelodeon brand.
• Required to attend and contribute where applicable to any departmental or ship meetings.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
· • Minimum of six months experience in a hotel, resort or similar in a customer service position, preferably working with adults and children is required. Having coached or instructed organized sporting events before would be preferred.
· • Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
Contract length: 26 weeks on/ 8 weeks off
Salary: 1200 $
· Passport or ID card
· Criminal background evaluation