Norwegian Cruise Line
Monitoring and operating
designated aquatic recreation spaces including, opening and closing while
monitoring safety around the pool areas. Set up and verify that supplies and
equipment are available during operating hours, replenish and maintain as needed.
Interact with Guests and provide any directions/Guest service assistance.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assume personal responsibility for safety
and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in
their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this
· Perform rescue of guests in danger of drowning and be alert to accidents. Administer first aid, CPR, Oxygen and AED as needed.
· Monitor activities around aquatic recreational facilities to prevent or preempt injuries and provide assistance to guests as and when required, while ensuring the well-being of guests within the area.
· Responsible for reporting and following up with any accidents, injuries or incidents around the aquatic recreational facilities.
· Ensuring the pool areas are clean, answering questions, enforcing policies, rules and regulations in a polite yet confident manner.
· Ensuring guest interactions are kept to a minimum while on watch to avoid distraction, at the same time providing a positive guest experience.
· Monitoring and operating designated aquatic recreational spaces including, but not limited to; opening and closing, monitoring pool locations and general activities around the pool areas.
· Working outdoors guarding aquatic recreational areas, involving standing in the sun exposed to external elements throughout the day.
· Be fully lifeguard qualified and responsible to maintain company required qualifications and licenses. Participate in regular training, including but not limited to; Lifeguard training, CPR/First Aid, AED, recurring in-service training, re-certification, and any other as deemed appropriate from management.
· Set up and verify that supplies and equipment are available during operating hours and maintain as needed.
· Communicate with the Bridge and/or the Safety Officer by UHF radio in emergency situations or as deemed necessary.
· Attend emergency duties / drills as assigned in the ships Emergency Management Safety Plan.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
· Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as Lifeguard is required.
· Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
· Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
· Lifeguard training, CPR/First Aid, AED is required.
Contract length: 36 weeks on / 9 weeks off
Salary: 1400 $
· Passport or ID card
How to apply: Please, send your detailed CV on English language on following email address: Jelena.Markovik@employment-power.com