Royal Caribbean International
HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines, environmental, and work place safety policies and procedures. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
1. Learns and uses appropriate food and wine terminology and pronunciation. Becomes knowledgeable of menu descriptions and wine lists in order to discuss items appropriately and to enhance the guests' dining experience.
2. Provides on-the-job leadership and guidance to Assistant Waiters to strengthen their current performance and in preparation for possible advancement to a Waiter position.
3. Obtains linen, silverware, glassware, and china to set tables.4. Arranges settings on tables per Gold 4. Anchor Standards.
5. Greets and escorts guests, where applicable to their assigned seats, or to available seating, per Gold Anchor Standards
6. Presents both food and beverage menus to guests, suggests dinner courses, appropriate wines and answers questions regarding menu and wine selections per Gold Anchor Standards. Makes recommendations to entice guests while meeting management goals to reduce particular inventory stock.
7. Relays order to galley as required and serves courses from galley and beverages from various locations.
8. Provides quality control of all food and beverage presentations. Garnishes and decorates items as required prior to serving.
9. Enters food and beverage orders in the point-of-sale system.
10. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and integrity of assigned station including
(but not limited to) table pieces, side stands and chairs.
11. Observes guests to anticipate their needs, responds to any additional requests and determines when the food and beverage service has been completed.
12. Participates in dining room entertainment as directed by established activities and specific itinerary adaptations such as the theme night parades.
13. Participates in rotational service delivery schedule working in Windjammer, Room Service and/or other food and beverage service venues.
14. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
15. Performs related duties as required.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
· Two to three years previous waiter experience, preferably in cruise industry
· Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to meal count procedures.
· Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
Contract length: 29 weeks on / up to 60 days off
Salary: 1265 $ guarantee + tips
· Passport or ID card