Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line
The Barista is responsible for preparing quality beverages according to standard recipes and serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each guest. He/she is also responsible for educating external and internal guests about our premium coffees and teas.
HIS/HER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Educates guests by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
· Sells coffees and teas by explaining differences in coffee beans, teas.
· Prepares and sells drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques.
· Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
· Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
· Responsible for ensuring that company standards of service for beverages other than tea and coffee are being followed and that the standard drink recipes, including proper garnishes, are adhered to.
· Helps to resolve in a satisfactory and proactive manner all service and product deficiencies and follows up on guest comments and/or concerns.
Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
· • Minimum of six months of work experience in a specialty coffee/tea store or other related experience is required.
· • Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
· • Basic to Intermediate skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, POS, Micros).
Contract length: 8 months on / 2 months off
· Passport or ID card
· Criminal background evaluation