Seasonal Youth Counselor
Norwegian Cruise Line
The Seasonal Youth Counselor is responsible for the supervision and control of all youth and teen activities as it relates to the Passenger Programs and Entertainment Department.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Be the cruise line of choice.
To provide a consistently superior cruise vacation by exceeding customer expectations and embracing our passion for innovation that delivers freedom and value for our guests, travel partners, team members and shareholders.
- As a member of the Cruise Staff, the Seasonal Youth/Teen Counselor is responsible for knowing all content of and implementing any/all of the scheduled social, entertainment or recreational activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled.
- It is the responsibility of the Seasonal Youth/Teen Counselor to ensure the accuracy of all printed material that is submitted to all youth/teen guests.
- All Seasonal Youth/Teen Counselors are responsible for assisting with storage, inventory and ordering maintenance of all equipment, supplies, gifts and prizes, which are specifically utilized in the youth/teen program.
- Each Seasonal Youth/Teen Counselor must have the ability to serve as an effective Host/Hostess. Each Seasonal Youth/Teen Counselor must have the ability to work as a team member in cooperation with other Cruise Staff members, as well as with all other shipboard departments.
- It is the responsibility of the Seasonal Youth/Teen Counselor to be accessible to and approachable with guests. He/She must be capable of being a patient listener while making guests feel at home.
- Meet & Greet Guests upon embarkation. Assist with private parties and functions. Assist with any guest requests. Swipe guest cards at gangway.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Climb on step stool or ladder in order to complete elements of job or facilitate maintenance issues.
- Bend, lean and stoop without hindrance.
- Fine motor skills.
- Use stairs often.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Responsible for the supervision and control of all youth/teen guests registered and participating in scheduled programs.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment; also, must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and deadlines.
SALARY : 1000 USD / per month
CONTRACT: 3 month