An exciting role has arisen for a highly motivated and hardworking Bartender to join the Food & Beverage team situated in Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The main duties of this role to provide friendly, professional and efficient bar service ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in a manner consistent with hotel standards. To maintain efficient workflow by adhering to the Sequence of Service and all time frames and standards detailed in relevant SOPs in the F&B Standards Manual.
Your key duties will include:
- Take orders from customers and Waiter/Waitress in a timely, professional and friendly manner.
- Mix ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks according to Beverage Recipes.
- Serve alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages according to defined standards.
- Collect money for drinks served and process financial transactions according to Jumeirah International cashiering procedures.
- Order liquors and supplies utilizing the FBM system.
- Arrange bottles and glasses attractively.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Replenish bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, and nuts.
- Ensure that all stock is established as per par levels and stored according to Jumeirah International Food Hygiene Standards.
- Ensure that the mise-en-place of the bar i.e., condiments, tray cloths, cocktail napkins etc. are ready for service as per the requirements of the individual outlet and expected business level requirements prior to opening.
- Ensure that the guest is presented with the correct order and that all drinks are prepared and served as agreed in the standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of cocktails, beverages and wines to advise the guests and colleagues when necessary.
- Undertake opening, closing & cleaning tasks as detailed on checklists.
- Inform Outlet Manager/ Assistant Manager of any stock losses, problems or unavailable items.
- Assist in the stocktaking of beverages and operating equipment.
- Coordinate with Stewarding to ensure equipment and bar area is kept hygienically clean and tidy at all times and sufficient glassware is available for the levels of business.
- Control and rotate stock on a FIFO (first in first out) system.
- Ensure the checking of expiration dates and that all perishable garnishes are stored and recorded in designated storage area.
- Display a responsible attitude towards the service of alcohol to ensure minors are not served and intoxicated guest are politely refused service.
- Demonstrate some ability & independence in problem solving.
- Communicate details of complaints or issues that could result in complaints, loss of business, productivity or profit to the Outlet Manager or Beverage Manager.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi-annual flight allowance, medical coverage as well as accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
2 years previous experience as a bartender within a five star hotel outstanding beverage knowledge to possess excellent communication skills both written & verbal and the ability to follow HACCP guidelines
Contract length: 24 months
Salary: 1930 AED
Passport or ID card
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.