AB ( Able Seaman )
The Aegean Experience
To carry out as required allocated maintenance or operational tasks or watch-keeping duties.
The Able Seamen are responsible for:
- Carrying out watch-keeping duties as directed by the officer of the watch, and bringing to his attention any unusual situation.
- Carrying out maintenance tasks as directed by the Boatswain on the ship structure, fabric and deck equipment.
- Carrying out any operational duties connected with manoeuvring as directed by the Boatswain.
- Bringing to the attention of the Boatswain any ship's defects or peculiarities of operation.
- Carrying out safety and security inspections.
- Following Company's circulars, Master Standing orders and Ch. Officer's instructions.