Basic information's about the job
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. Our leaders set the tone at the top through strong communication to support an ethical climate on board. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! Weâre looking for dedicated individuals to join us a Floor Supervisor! This role will see you working on the front line with our Stateroom and Assistant Stateroom teams to ensure that the Staterooms on your assigned decks are cleaned and maintained to company standards your role is to keep our vessels clean and looking their best, so our guests can focus on having a great vacation experience in their home away from home!
You will support the Stewards to ensure they maintain standards and work with the Guest Services and Maintenance teams to ensure all in cabin issues are resolved in a timely manner.
As with all of our team members, youâll be a highly visible member of the team, and will constantly interact with our guests and helping them with questions. The vacation experience we promise our guests will start with you!
- Compliance with all housekeeping college procedures as set out in college manual and hotel ops website.
- Compliance with all USPH regulations as set out in the VSP manual.
- Ensure that all information and special requirements regarding staterooms for embarkation and cruise days are passed on and followed up by Stateroom Stewards and Assistant Stateroom Stewards.
- Continual inspections of assigned stateroom sections including corridors and lockers to ensure all are maintained to a high cleanliness standard.
- Continual inspections of Stateroom Steward pantries to ensure standards and procedures are followed as per USPH regulations.
- Continual inspections of assigned stateroom sections to ensure maintenance issues are reported and followed up in a timely manner
- Brief Stateroom and Assistant Stateroom Stewards on scheduled duties and daily tasks ensuring follow up of all tasks are completed to standard in a timely manner.
- Completion of work orders and update of the hotel maintenance report on a daily basis.
- Liaison with VIP guests and suites guests on a daily basis to ensure all needs are met.
- Continual training and guidance of Stateroom and Assistant Stateroom Stewards in procedures and company standards.
- Ensure that Stateroom Stewards are supplied with the equipment and items required to complete daily routine and tasks.
- Complete performance reviews and procedural paperwork for Stateroom Stewards and Assistant Stateroom Stewards.
- Completion of ratings charts for Stateroom Stewards weekly performance
- Contribute to management meetings when required and communicate and cooperate fully with management team.
- Perform other duties related to stateroom supervision as directed by the Housekeeping Manager and Senior Housekeeping Management..
- Adhere to all Carnival Values at all times.
- Extend appropriate greeting to all guests and crew at every opportunity.
- Apply hospitality standards at all times in guest and crew areas.
- Follow all safety regulations (boat drills, door stopper policy etc.) during the course of duty.
- Follow all environmental, USPH and HESS â MS procedures as applicable for position.
- Follow up Time and Attendance policy.
- Fluent in conversational & written English, hospitable with a positive attitude.
- Applicant should be selfâmotivated, vocational education preferred but not required.
- Applicant should have a minimum of 1 yearsâ experience in a Hotel/Resort or Cruise Line in a similar capacity.
- Applicant should be familiar with working in the Housekeeping Industry having an understanding of Standard Operating Procedures of this department.
- Computer skills are required (MS office) for the job.