Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value.
Our company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment. Our focus is on continuous improvement and collaboration.
Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions.
We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first.
We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity.
Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do!
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help us bring the FUN to life aboard one of our fantastic vessels! Weâre looking for dedicated individuals to join us Assistant Waiters!
This role is part of our Restaurant Service Department which ensure our guests and Crew receive the best service when dining in one of our amazing on-board restaurants.
Youâll be learning the ropes in our Team Dining rooms ensuring that all our Guests and Team Members receive the best service when having Breakfast, lunch and Dinner. This is your training ground to get you familiar and all set to work in Room Service, on our Lido Buffet Restaurant and in our Main Dining Rooms.
As with all of our team members, youâll be a highly visible member of the team, and will constantly interact with our guests and helping them with questions. The vacation experience we promise our guests will start with you!
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
- When assigned to Staff & Crew or Alternate Dining, use Companyâs standard table services.
- To be groomed meticulously and ready for guest service with a smile always following the look book.
- To gain knowledge & comply with United States Public Health rules and regulations on a daily basis.
- To follow waste segregation procedures, comply with Environmental Compliance Plan at all times & guide fellow Team Members for the same.
- Undergo assigned trainings to develop skills & knowledge for the future positions
- Report any equipment malfunction, difficulties & concerns to the supervisor on duty
- To follow additional duties, other than listed in the job description, assigned by management due to the operational needs/shortages/changes
- Ensure beverage stations are full at all times and cleaned daily
- Engage in light conversations with guests always greet them with a smile
Employee Dining Rooms:
- To be assigned in any of the venues, depending on the class of the ship (Team Dining Room 1 or 2, Officerâs & Captain dining rooms)
- Gain knowledge of the menus & understand the menu cycle
- To consistently provide service that exceeds the expectations of our internal guests
- Follow employee dining room opening times & maintain high standards at all times
- To ensure that assigned area/station is presentable upon company standard for each meal
- Has to maintain flawless cleanliness standards at all times
- Responsible to log all deliveries that are being made, without exceptions
- Accurately maintain the Master Key Log every time when key is used
- Promptly deliver all guestâs food orders
- Deliver any orders assigned to RS: fruit baskets, letters, cabin decorations, VIP deliveries
- To be assigned in multiple working areas while part of the Room Service team (banqueting, main dining rooms, wheelchair assistance or similar)
- To be assigned in diverse schedules while holding a Room Service duty
- Ensure that deck cleaning is done by following the latest ECP procedures & guidelines
- Follow the cleaning schedule for all machines and equipment
Alternate Dining (Bistro):
- Comply with the company-specified service & display standards
- To be aware of all shipâs activities & lounge locations to promptly deliver a satisfactory answer to the guests
- To be assigned various duties decided by the supervisors/managers on duty
- Engage in light conversations with guests, while cleaning the tables & continuously acknowledge the guests with a smile
- To assist in the Main Dining Rooms whenever required