Assistant Waiter / Waitress
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
· In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
· Primary responsibilities include the service of beverages (non-chargeable) and bread, and the transporting of the soiled dishes from the restaurant to the galley.
· Ensures that guests are completely satisfied with the food and service, and reports to the waiter any special requests or complaints made by the guests.
· Reports for duty at assigned times following his/her supervisor’s instructions according to company policies.
· Performs any additional duties required by the Restaurant Manager’s schedule.
· Participates in training programs to develop his/her skills in preparation for future promotions.
for keeping his/her working section clean and tidy, following the United States
Public Health rules and regulations at all times.
· Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
· Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
related duties as required. This position description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard
employee occupying this position.
Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
o minimum two years’ experience in food service in upscale hotel, resort, restaurant
o ability to speak English clearly
o ability to speak additional language preferred
o minimum 21 years of age
Contract length: 29 weeks on / up to 60 days off
Salary: 895 $ guarantee + tips
· Passport or ID card
· Criminal background evaluation