Large Private Estate
Minimum 2 years’ experience in the catering field. Should possess strong interpersonal skills and above basic written and spoken English. Have an ability to make food quality, cooking quality and supervisory decisions at the appropriate time.
NATIONALITY: European only
The positions of COMMIS Chef requires liaising with the Executive Chef and Senior Chef and Chef de Partie on duty for all operational needs for the catering department and ensures that all food preparation and production is carried out to the highest standard.
• Developing your skills in cooking and training of other staff and always maintain a positive attitude.
• Work when and where required within all areas of the catering department.
• Listen carefully to instructions given by senior staff and carry out duties in a responsible timely manner without hesitation.
• Monitoring subordinate staff within the catering department and further ensure that all food produced is serviced to the highest standard.
• Food preparation and servicing with an emphasis on quality, freshness and timing.
• Assist and monitor the catering cleaning procedures and hygiene practices, according to HACCP requirements.
• Checking of daily food requisitions and maintaining stock level control to prevent wastage.
• Able to produce a wide range of food styles at any given location (e.g. Buffet, Plated, BBQ etc.)
• Maintain good personal hygiene ensuring that a high standard of personal grooming is adhered to.
• Ensure all kitchen equipment’s are well maintained, regularly checked and to report any problems to the chef in charge for maintenance.
• Report for duty on time and in the correct uniform provided.
• Follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s) where implemented at all time.
• To monitor stock movement and be responsible for your section
• Ensure knowledge of the products are maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel.
• Responsible for completing your mis en place lists and par levels
• Learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department
• Comply with all policies and procedures to ensure that they are followed
• Liaise with the Chef in charge and implement new menu/ dishes/ recipes and systems where applicable
• Be flexible and willing to help all areas of the kitchen without direction
SALARY/PACKAGE 1,500-2,500 Euro / Month
ACCOMMODATION ( paid by the employer )
FLIGHT ALLOWANCE SAR5,000 PA
12-MONTH RENEWABLE CONTRACT 1 MONTHS
START DATE: 01 DEC 2018
LOCATION: SAUDI ARABIA