Essential duties and responsibilities
· Man a station in the galley,
assigned by the Executive Chef, in order to become familiar with various tasks.
· Assist with the transportation of food items from the Main Stores to the galley.
· Clean and sanitize work area and utensils used, in accordance with Shipsan, the European sanitation program and United States Public Health Rules and Regulations.
· Be on standby in the galley periodically when the ship is subject to a Shipsan/ USPH inspection.
· Possess the ability to taste all foods to ensure correct preparation.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Must be able to communicate effectively with the senior management
· Minimum of two years in the profession in quality hotels, restaurants or cruise ship environment.
Contract length: 8 months
· Passport or ID card